Cutting a bridge construction
For large cut-outs in worktops, we usually leave a so-called ‘bridge construction’ within the cut-out. This construction provides extra stability during transport and fitting. Obviously, you have to cut out this construction on site before fitting the worktop.
After you have placed the worktop on the kitchen, we recommend that you proceed as following:
- Make sure the bridge construction is properly supported on both sides.
- Use a grinding disc as thin as possible, suitable for ceramic, quartz and natural stone.
- Start by grinding (not cutting!) the ‘bridge construction’ in line with the cut-out (front and rear). See image.
- Cut the ‘bridge construction’ in the middle. See image.
- Finally, cut the ‘bridge construction’ completely, in line with the cut-out (front and rear). See image.